REACH is an aggressive national education and outreach program from the Quality Deer Management Association that benefits hunters, landowners and deer managers in several ways.
REACH is the acronym for Research, Educate, Advocate, Certify and Hunt. The program specifically addresses all of the QDMA’s core mission elements:
- Research – Fund whitetail research projects related to Quality Deer Management.
- Educate – Expand educational activities for QDMA members and the general public.
- Advocate – Increase the QDMA’s involvement in whitetail hunting and management issues.
- Certify – The QDMA’s individual and property QDM certification programs.
- Hunt – The QDMA’s National Mentoring and Hunting program.
QDMA is pleased to announce the 2011 dates/locations for QDMA’s individual certification program, which fulfills the “C” component of our national REACH program. This program includes three levels of potential achievement, and each must be completed in sequence.
- Deer Steward I will provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the key principles of deer and habitat biology, ecology and management.
- Deer Steward II will teach students how to apply the principles learned in level one through hands-on and field experience.
- Deer Steward III, the most prestigious, must be earned through an individual’s long-term service to QDMA, and/or the white-tailed deer